Internet Setup

Guest markes

Guest markes

Tried installing Mandrake 10 CE. All went well except internet connection. The dialogs I got and my selections were:

1. "Choose Connection you want to configure" = Cable Connection

2. "Which network/main driver should I try?" = axnet_CS

3. "Found "axnet_cs" interfaces. Do you have another one?" = no

4. "Select the network interface to configure" = on this one, only one selection appears labeled "net device manual choice" with a radio button that's selected and cannot be unselected. My only choices here are "Cancel", "Previous" and "Next". Cancel and previous do what they say. Next doesn't go on, it takes me back to dialog #2.

Going through 2 & 3 & 4 again brings me back to 2 "Which network/main driver should I try?". Repeats over and over. After fourth cycle through, I cancelled out and continued the install.

Tried to fix post-install with "Network and Internet" in the system configuration. Attempting "New Connection" repeats the process above. Selecting "Internet Access" brings up a warning dialog that tells me I have no confugured internet connection and I should use "Internet Access". Clicking on "Internet Access" again brings up the same dialog asking me to use "Internet Access".

Any ideas? I know the hardware is initialized at boot and the NIC (PCMCIA) is communicating with the Cable Modem. Just can't seem to figure out how to configure an internet connection as eveything seems to loop.

Thannks!

Guest markes

Ahhh, good idea. Tried it but selecting LAN gives me the same results...loop..loop....loop. Makes me sad.

I'm pretty certain the hardware is functional as I'm booted into another distribution to write this. Same laptop works with Fedora, SuSE, Knoppix, & two varieties of Brand "M".