Installing 10.0

mondo

Hello

I downloaded mandrake 10.0 and made the image and created a bootdisk. When started the boot and inserted CD1 and the following error:

"found a Mandrake Linux CDROM, good news!

Total Memory 128 Mbytes

Trying to load /tmp............

reading compressed ramdisk: IO_ERROR

unsetting automatic"

Anybody with any ideas what is going on?

Thanks

JB

The iso is designed to be burned to a disk as an 'image'. Without extracting anything from it. Unless you can't change your bios to 'boot to cdrom'. In that case then you'll need to extract the floppy iso to do a network or hard drive install.

Thogh your problem sounds like it could be an over clocking problem or the memory chips are getting bad. If you can run a memory check on them.

Hello Pzatch

Thanks for your quick reply. The link below is where I downloaded the three disks and burned them to CDs as images. Unfortinately I could not boot from the CD although I changed my bios to 'boot to cdrom. I created boot disk. As far as clocking or the memory chips problem, I have tried it in different Pentium PC and with the same result. I'll try md5sum for error checking. Is the link below ok or is there any better link?

" 728,651,776 Mandrakelinux-10.0-Community-Download-CD1.i586.iso

728,797,184 Mandrakelinux-10.0-Community-Download-CD2.i586.iso

728,829,952 Mandrakelinux-10.0-Community-Download-CD3.i586.iso"

Thanks

JB

That happened to me when installing 9.0, so I'm pretty sure it's the same thing: A badly burned CD.

As was said before, try burning it using a slower speed and check your media is up to it, and/or try different burning settings, like disk-at-once instead of track-at-once.

Hope you don't have to redownload the whole image... happened to me once, and was using a modem. :/