logitech elite keyboard

william

After editing /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/inet, /etc/X11/xkb/rules/xfree86, XF86Config-4 and creating a .xmodmap file in my /home dir, I got all special keys being recognized by the system.

I succeeded in assigning commands to almost all special keys except for the rew , fwd, stop and play/pause keys in the multimedia part of the keyboard.

The media special key has xmms assigned to it, for rew, fwd and play/pause keys I assigned xmms command lines, but instead of affecting the already opened xmms instance, it opens another one and try to apply the assigned command...I've already unchecked the "enable multiple instances" in xmms prefs. (i.e.: xmms is playing, when I press fwd special key, another instance of xmms opens highlighting the next song in the play list, an error message saying that my soundcard is "busy" appears and anything else happens).

Xmms command lines:

keycode 153 = logitech_fwd > xmms -f 
keycode 144 = logitech_rew > xmms -r
keycode 162 = logitech_playpause > xmms -t

I'm using enlightenment as the wm and was just wondering if it' d be feasible to apply a command line that could assume the already opened instance intead of opening another one.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

edited to better explain the issue.

Edited by william

I've already unchecked the "enable multiple instances" in xmms prefs.

I thought I had, but going to xmms pref > options again it was not unchecked. Now I got all the special keys working, with no problem.