Money Management programs (part 2)

Guest FenestraeNunquam

Guest FenestraeNunquam

Awhile back, there was a post going regarding financial/money software. It died off all of a sudden.

Mystified... you left off saying you installed Kapital. So, any comments/tips about it?

I have a few month's experience with gnucash, and I have several years experience with Quicken.

I'd like to get all my finances computerized again (in linux of course), starting 1/1/03.

Hi, I started that thread, and since, have been using Gnucash and a nifty prog called jGnash.

http://jgnash.sourceforge.net/

I am in the process of evaluating them both to see which will better meet my needs.

jGnash seems to have lots of promise, if the author does the things in the future he says he's going to do. It requires the latest version of java.

Gnucash works fine, but I'm not crazy about the zillions of very long file names it creates.

I can't deal with all that, so periodically I go and delete all but the last-dated.

Hope that helps some...

I'm using Kapital and so far I like it a lot. My only complaint is that the search function isn't working but they're coming out with a new version Feb 2003 and I'm eligible for a free upgrade so hopefully it'll fix that problem. There will be added features including the ability to export which it doesn't have now. I like the fact that it only has two files and I can easily back them up on a floppy after each use.