Another Nooby needs help here

kaiocool

I beg all of your forgiveness, my sound is working!! I never actually tested it. Since DrakSound wasnt working, ugh... I have wasted alot of your time... I am greatly sorry.

But, I guess there is one last problem, hopefully, and that is prolly easier, Radeon 9600 Pro, I had the drivers downloaded, but nothing...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like you need to reconfigure your video driver since you messed up the install. A couple more times and you will be helping the next guy. :P

from terminal, try running

XFdrake

or you might be able to resurect the last working config,

goto /etc/X11/

working file is XF86Config-4

the previous one is /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.old

WEEEELLLL....

Sound is gone again...

I am using Gnome right now, and I have to say, Gnome whoops KDE, apps actually work in Gnome, or the Gnome based apps are better working. Anyway, sound was there in KDE, disappeared in Gnome. Hopefully it has to do with NVaudio, and maybe that did not initialize correctly.

ok sound is fine, but how do i get sound to work in flash players.

And Any ideas on how to get a fully fuction Radeon 9600 Pro Working...?

How do i handle tar.gz files because I downloaded Ut2k4 and well, i click on it and nothing happns.

And lastly, I have no idea how to handle .rpm s correctly, someone point me in the right direction.

I am here to learn.

Oh yeah, I got Mn 9.0, I know 10s out, how can I update?

If KDE wasnt working well then it look like your install isnt that great. Dont worry it happens....specially first time.

count it as a learning experience :D

Since you havent really changed much or accumualted data I think the best way to upgrade is just to download the 10OE CD's (link from this site) and install from them :D (Dont use upgrade.... choose INSTALL)

Hopefully after your experiecne in your first install (and knowing where your going in the install process) youll end up with a better install.

does that mean I will lose all my files on the linux partition?

I dont have but I am not completely sure.

Another thing is, I have a dual boot with WInXP, I had XP on first. I lost my install cd for XP, so I dont want a thing messing with that or the partitions. So another install wont mess with it right?

And another thing, is there better device configuration and compatibility with 10?

I had to struggle to get sutff working here, dont want to go tthrough that again.

what is it called OE?

oh yeah, link?

Edited by kaiocool

OE stands for Official Edition. It's the "stable" version of Mandrake, while CE (Community Edition) is the "bleeding edge" version.

You shouldn't have a problem with keeping XP on your system. as for a link, just check here.

just released the ISO's for public consumption yesterday :)

Mandrake Club members (such as myself ;) ) have had them for a few weeks, and the cd's have been available for purchase from the store for a few days.

just released the ISO's for public consumption yesterday :)

Mandrake Club members (such as myself ;) ) have had them for a few weeks, and the cd's have been available for purchase from the store for a few days.

so we eat the iso's? :o

just messing with ya :jester:

i have been waiting anxiously for these iso's and downloaded them yesterday. hopefully i'll get to install them today (we need a prayer emoticon) :prayer:

so why dont you club members set up your own FTP

Because Mandrake kindly asked that we not do it. And it's against the policies of this board. We respect Mandrakes decision on how to give out it's distribution.

Not that Mandrake would do anything, and there in fact are ways to get them, but we do not permit people to post them publicly on this board. Any such posts are always removed.