Another Nooby needs help here

kaiocool

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kalocool. Are you selecting the mouse as ......Any USB/PS2 Mouse............ or are you persisting on trying to select your particular mouse type in the selections.

I use that particular setting for my Logitech Dual Laser Mouse (USB) and it works perfectly, scroll wheel and all. If you haven't tried it then do so. I'd venture to say that if that doesn't work then you likely have a faulty mouse.

Cheers. John.

wow I am a noob but not an idiot, what do you think I have been doing, what do you think I have been selecting...

)))

Anyway I got my mouse to work, but not by getting Mandrake to cooperate, I switched my mouse to be ps/2 mouse, i had an adapter, and my keyboard usb, i dont know what was wrong, but lets get on...

)))

anyone got any ideas on how to get all the feature of an Asus A7n8x delux to work? Like sound perhaps

kaicool, if you want help, dont come off like you did on John

wow I am a noob but not an idiot, what do you think I have been doing, what do you think I have been selecting...
. we do this out of the kindness of our hearts. we dont charge for this.

now on to your next question.

anyone got any ideas on how to get all the feature of an Asus A7n8x delux to work? Like sound perhaps
lets not get confused here. the Asus A7n8x deluxe is a motherboard. it has an onboard sound card. aka, intergrated sound.

your sound is

Audio  RealtekR ALC650 6CH w/built in HP amplifier

Integrated APU(Audio Processor Unit) SoundStorm?/ DolbyR Digital (AC-3) Encoder

http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7N8X%...Deluxe&langs=09

now since we've established this much, lets make sure your sound isnt muted. KAMix, KMix, QAMix, etc... any of these would work to unmute the sound. next check and make sure artsd is loaded.

ps aux | grep artsd

username   4875  0.0  0.3  1832  624 pts/5    S    17:12   0:00 grep artsd

does not mean artsd is loaded.

next time you wanna chew one of us out for assisting you, you wont get the help. :deal:

ps aux displays the processes that are running. it is a command line tool. by using | (pipe) and grep (filter) you can narrow down the search of running processes, so that the command looks like

ps aux | grep artsd

if when you run

ps aux | grep artsd

you get an out put of

then artsd is not running. it just displayed the search for artsd.

if its a usb drive, then its under /mnt. ps2 mice should automatically be detected and configured correctly. if not, then make sure you know your make and model of your mouse and select that in mousedrake.

you will find your devices, however, located in /dev. some argue that using an editor is the best way. it is more precise. gui is easier though.

basically mousedrake should take care of ya, if you select the make and model right. keep in mind to use the TEST feature first. and if worst comes to worst, you can always delete that configuration file and start over. reinstalling wont solve it. this isnt windows, dont think of it as windows. take it one step at a time, and take time to adjust and learn. there is an awfull lot to learn.

kaiocool. When I suggested going into Mandrake Control Centre then selecting Hardware then Mouse, I did not realize that the UNIVERSAL heading might not be open on your machine.

On the left side of the word UNIVERSAL you will a tiny triangle arrow, left click on this arrow and it will open up a line which reads ........Any PS/2 & USB mice.....

It should automatically become highlited so then click OK .

I understand your frustrations but we have all been through that and as was said earlier, we only want to help and we do it for free in return for others helping us. None of us has all the answers so we pool our collective efforts.

Anyway, Welcome to our Linux World and Mandrake in particular. Enjoy.

Cheers. John.

ps aux displays the processes that are running. it is a command line tool. by using | (pipe) and grep (filter) you can narrow down the search of running processes, so that the command looks like
ps aux | grep artsd

if when you run

ps aux | grep artsd

you get an out put of

then artsd is not running. it just displayed the search for artsd.

I got a similar but different message, different numbers, so artsd is loaded, what is artsd?

[root@localhost kaiocool]# mcc
EMBED
parent XID      44040659
mcc pid 3270
modprobe: Can't locate module serial
modprobe: Can't locate module serial
Please wait while probing serial ports...
rmmod: module parport_probe is not loaded
modprobe: Can't locate module parport_probe
modprobe: Can't locate module parport_probe
rmmod: module parport_probe is not loaded

This is what I get when I run MCC, in a GUI terminal, could that be the reason draksound will not open, or why I am having trouble with my mobo in general, I would not like to make a long list, but Linux does not recongnize my Radeon 9600 either, I think there must be one large problem.