Mandrake Download Sites

LittleJohn

I realize this may be a horrible question. But here goes. I currently have deleted Mandrake from my computer (not forever). But anyway I did this because it was not installed really correctly the first time (through no fault of the wonderful person who did it for me). But I am wanting to install it again. I have the cds that were first used for the first try at it (well not really I left them at my mom's for now). I just wanted to know where is (if any) there an easy site to download the latest version of Mandrake Linux. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

mod Note:Moved from Software by Phunni

Edited by phunni

Right now, you can get the community edition of Mandrake 10 from any of the download mirrors here: http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/ftp.php3

Just click the button that says "I'm already a member of the Club or plan on registering soon, please send me to the download page"

10.0OE will come out on the ftp mirrors for non-club members sometime this month.

As a note: There are 3 cd's for the Download edition. If you have Windows on this computer as well (XP is the only version affected, I think) you must get cd's 1 and 2 (you have to boot to cd 2, then insert cd 1 when prompted). If you have the bandwidth and the time, you can always get all 3.

LiquidZoo there are no 10.0 OE iso's on any mirror at this time. maybe if your a club member things might be different. that i dunno.

http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/ftp.php3

Mandrakelinux 10.0 Official for i586 and higher

United States

# ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distr...icial/10.0/i586 (Pennsylvania)

# ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distri...icial/10.0/i586 (North Carolina)

notice there is no iso in this. the mandrake site only has the rpm's. you'd have to download the rpm's and make your own iso.

You could install the CE from the download and then change your sources to the offical sites and urpmi urpmi then urpmi --auto-select and then the urpmi kernel (forget the number now) and you are using Official. That is what I did and it works like a charm. Back in April bvc, I believe, posted a list of this with the keys.