flashplayer plugin

Lord Kenneth

Is it just me, or does it operate fairly slowly and NOT in sync with the audio?  Anyone know how to fix it?  (I'm talking about the mozilla/firefox plugin, although it might be others affected as well)

Hi there,

Yes, Flash Player 6 for Linux is pretty slow (compared to the Windows counterpart), even after all the tweaking you can do for Firefox / Mozilla. And audio / video are hardly ever in sync--it's in sync for the first couple of seconds, after that lagging becomes a real issue, and there is not much you can do about it (just have a look at the Painkiller link in my sig to see what I mean). Part of our business is to provide streaming audio / video clips via Flash, and we're told that all those troubles will go away with Flash Player 7 for Linux. I believe it when I see it; right now I'm wondering why the semi-public beta testing only started in March, considering PC / Mac counterparts have been available for such a long time.

-Sascha.rb

Edited by nggalai