ut2004

william

I've installed ut2004 through its 6 cds and in order to succeed with the installation I had to be logged as root. As soon as you insert the firs cd it asks you where you want to store the game and according to what I can remember whenever I tried to modify the default path it brought me back to the default directory: /usr/local/games. I had 7GB of space in /root directory and 40GB in /home. After ut install I have only some Mgs in /root, is it possible to move the entire game to /home dir ?

Does anybody here already tried it?

Edited by william

Probably wouldnt be a problem to move it, you would just have to update the symlinks in /usr/bin or wherever they are put.

However reinstalling wouldnt take much longer and may alleviate any unseen problems as unlikely as they are

I put all my games on a separate partition. I know what you mean about ut2004; it just won't let you install any place but /usr/local/games. I solved the problem by moving the ut2004 directory in /usr/local/games to the location I wanted and creating a symlink in /usr/local/games like so:

# ln -s /usr/local/games/ut2004 /home/<username>/ut2004

I know what you mean about ut2004; it just won't let you install any place but /usr/local/games.

The installer didn't let me point to any other dir than /usr/local/games , but after some attempts I figured out that /local/games should be included in the path otherwise the installation didn't go ahead, so I got it i nstalled in /home/local/games. At least, I saved some space in my / dir.