Make scripts executable from GUI? [solved]

A couple of things:

First, the best way to do this, as well as the classical, is not sudo nor setuid, but just use the GROUP feature! (Is always forgotten). Just add your user to the internet group, adsl group, or whatever name you want to give it, change the group ownership of the files involved to that group and give group exec permissions for the binary ones, that's all.

Second. The 'path thing' It is important. And it is cracker proof! Anyone can crack a unix computer if the root's $PATH is bad configured (I'm talking about the famous 'current directory' thing).

Third, and final. I'll spend less time here (as some of you might have noticed). I hope I'll solve all the problems here (work, and other stuff) and soon I'll be back. See you till then ;)

Well, this is just ticking me off now. I've chmodded everything, and it still won't work. It seems the command /usr/sbin/pppd call adsl is still the problem. It's doing something, it returns without output, but when I do ifconfig there's still no sign of ppp0. I do it as root and there's no problem!

pppd must be using something else that doesn't have permission set for me, but I wouldn't have a clue what that could be.

I dunno, maybe I'll just stick with doing it as root. All this carry-on hardly seems worth it.

• 9 months later...

Hey, I finally found an easy-peasy way to do this. Actually it's based on phunni's first reply, more or less.

1- Put script somewhere other than Desktop, chmod +x it.

2- Make Application shortcut on Desktop pointing to script.

3- In shortcut Properties, select 'Run in Terminal' and 'run as another user' [root].

4- And of course choose a funky icon for the shortcut ;)