mandrake's login manager: changing settings

Michel

I hope this can help someone maybe.

I was lookign how to hide a user in mandrake's login manager. I couldn't find a graphical way, so I started looking for their config-file. The login-manager's config-files are in

/usr/share/config/kdm

It seems that the file with the settings is kdmrc. Everything is documented in the file. I hope changes will happen when I get teh login manager next time. Mayeb you have to run a command afterwards, but if so..I'll write this also here.

You can do several things: do you want to allow only local logins?, which users you don't want to show?, do you would likeno password for some users?, do you want to show users with a uid below xxx?, allow root to login?, who may shutdown the computer? (I thought there was also a setting for this in /usr/share/msec/level.x : not sure though ), ...

Edited by Michel

Guest anon

For the Gui way do:

KD contol center>>>>>System Admin>>>>>>>Login Manager

Select the "users" tab at the top, and then in the show users box, tick "selected only" then tick your_name and who ever else you want listed. Click apply. And thats it.