dependencies

Urza9814

I have a problem. I'm making a liveCD (well, attempting to anyways :P), and so I got this prog and tried to install it. I got 2 dependencies needed. One of those has 4 of it's own. One of those four has 1 more. I didn't even bother past that...there's gotta be an easier way to do this!

here's the dependencies:

busybox is needed by mklivecd-0.5.7-0.cvs.20031118.1mdk

cloop-utils is needed by mklivecd-0.5.7-0.cvs.20031118.1mdk

any ideas of how I could do this without spending all next week downloading and installing all this crap?

:wall:

uh...*confused*

I remember trying to do that before...and getting totally confused...main thing is, what is urpmi? :P

hmm...perhaps I should try the FAQ section...or google :P

woah...that is, like, the greatest thing ever! holy crap! That's like, easier than windoze installing! *stares at massive lines of nearly unprompted actions in terminal*...dude...that is the greatest thing ever! :P

woah...that is, like, the greatest thing ever! holy crap! That's like, easier than windoze installing! *stares at massive lines of nearly unprompted actions in terminal*...dude...that is the greatest thing ever! :P

try gentoo B)

in case you haven't got all your repositories. Go to http://urpmi.org/easyurpmi you select the version of MDK. From there you pick the same servers for the main and contrib. For the plf, I usually pick the mandrake forum. Sign in as root in the command line and type "urpmi.removemedia -a" then back to easy urpmi site and copy paste the code you get from clicking on the step 3 button. Voila! all dependecies are automatically downloaded.

fissy, what are you doing here in a mandrake forum? trolling?

as many people around here know, lots of users use distro's other than mandrake. we still stick around to help.

fissy was just making a joke :) :jester: