MDK 10. CE

Guest NewMDKguy2004

Guest NewMDKguy2004

Hi!

KDE 3.2 locks up after running some apps and trying to start a new session, logging out, occasionally shutting down. and if it does log out, it freezes upon relogging in at 'intializing peripherals.'

Any ideas?

P.S-To all members, you have helped me alot with all of my problems and concerns and for that, thank you and i love you guys

I get the same problem in VMWare. Did not find any solution yet but to restart the virtual machine. Since ext3 that is not so much of a problem anymore. Before, it could really screw up your install.

Never had such a problem on my desktop.

Ciao,

Sitor

Guest NewMDKguy2004

One USB device, a USB mouse, used to have a USB printer connected but i didn't feel like grabbing drivers for that so i connected that one to the other win machine

Guest NewMDKguy2004

just an update, i got my aureal soundcard working :D it was muted in kmix :P anyway, i pulled out the USB mouse and used another mouse that didn't connect to usb, and KDE ran perfectly, it changed users shutdown logged off fine, but with the USB mouse i guess it screws something up, are there an updates or bugfixes for this?

I have never had a problem with a usb mouse. Did you configure it correctly when you installed?

If you plugged in the ps/2 mouse and did absolutely no re-configuration then my guess is that the mouse was set up wrong. Open up MCC (K -> System -> Configuration -> Configure My Computer) and go to Hardware -> Mouse. Plug your usb mouse back in and configure it for that mouse (USB Wheel Mouse is my guess). It should work after that.

I had very much the same problem when i tried installing 3.2 on my 9.2 system.

It started at completely random times, sometimes it got further than others etc.

It seemed to be a problem with ~/.ICEauthority because i got a few warning dialogs about it, other than that i'm not sure.

Hope I was some help.

PS: Once I installed 10.0 beta1 the problem was gone.

Edited by Tuxiscool

I'm having this same problem as well. Its infuriating, and has kept me on my mac more and more. I have a usb mouse, but I use one of the dongles to make it a ps/2, and thats plugged into a KVM. Sounds like a headache to me.

Motherboard chipset drivers fixed my lockups, maybe you should look into that.