Complete OSX look

peruytu

I just installed Mandrake 10 Official and all i have to say is WOW! I'm very impressed!

Anyways, I want to configure it so that it looks exactly (or almost exactly) like OSX. I'm new to this so i'm looking for ALOT of help here. From links to guides and apps that I would need to make this happen. Of course, any suggestions on how I can go about doing this would also be helpful. Remember, i'm a total newbie so please be easy on me. Thanks in advance!

Peru y tu?

You'd like it to look like OS-X then? What desktop are you using GNOME or KDE? It's probably esaier to make GNOME look just like OS X - but it is possible with both. I am a KDE person and have an OS X theme somewhere. I'll post a few links for KDE in a few minutes once I've put them together...

Oh and welcome aboard. :-)

In the KDE Control Center (I think it is also there when you right-click on your desktop and then choose 'configure your desktop'), you can choose to activate a "Mac-like top menu bar" or something like that.

I noticed and tried it today, and it is WAY cool!

Edited by Darkelve

Thanks for all the posts! :thumbs:

Well I dont mind using any WM... KDE, Gnome or even Blackbox. Personaly i'd prefer to use Gnome but if KDE makes it easier to go OSX then I gotta do what i must. Also, I heard IceWM makes it very easy to turn it into an OSX.

Anyways, i'd appreciate any other suggestions and/or links to helpful sites. Thanks again! :D

Btw, sttroopers: your link doesnt work. :(

Peru y tu?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well guys, it's a great day-to-day! Here's a detailed guide to MacOsX-ation of Mandrake 10.0 Official :cheesy:

You need following packs: :deal:

1) kdemoreartwork-IcOsX-0.7-1plf.noarch.rpm (I d. from ftp://ftp.easynet.fr/plf/mandrake/10.0/noarch)IcOsX

2) kxdocker-*i586.rpm, kxdocker-resources*.rpm

(I d. from http://narcis.tesa.ro/pub/rpms/kxdocker/ or http://gotux.altervista.org/index.php?mod=...load/Programmi/ ->Utilità)

or Kooldock

3)superkaramba-0.32b-2mdk.i586.rpm(search on google,you'llfind in a hurry),

xmmsctrl-1.6-3mdk(from distro CDs,is required by superkaramba), and osX_MenuBar-0.2.tar.gz

4)153-acqua-3.2.tar.bz2

Fatto? Then do for point:

1)install, after go to Menu->System->"Configuration"->Configure your Desktop--> Aspect->Icons and select "icOsX", ->apply

2)install, and run these wonderful docks!

3)install superkaramba and xmmsctrl,extract osX-MenuBar, and from terminal give superkaramba /directory you downloaded in/osX_MenuBar-0.2/osX_MenuBar.theme

4)extract, cd to /acqua-3.2 and give sh install.sh, the script will install the theme. Afterwards go to Menu->System->"Configuration"->Configure your Desktop--> Aspect->Style and select "acqua", then Menu->System->"Configuration"->Configure your Desktop--> Aspect->Window Decoration->IceWM-> and select aqua.

Up in the window "Button", and drag window buttons to the left-high corner as in perfect MacStyle!

Fatto?

Well, now you should have Icons, Dock, Style &Window decoration + Menubar like in a MacOsX box..the only problem are the un-rounded window corners of this IceWM theme, until now I haven't found a solution.

You can see the result in advance at "Show Off Your Desktop"...Isn't it the most Impressive Desktop Of The Planet!? :P :P :P

Thanks to Anna for the IceWm tip, I would like to kiss her..(p.s. for her, those kdemoreheartwork packages were useless,I did a mistake!)

Well guys, it's a great day-to-day! Here's a detailed guide to MacOsX-ation of Mandrake 10.0 Official :cheesy:

You need following packs: :deal:

1) kdemoreartwork-IcOsX-0.7-1plf.noarch.rpm (I d. from ftp://ftp.easynet.fr/plf/mandrake/10.0/noarch)IcOsX

2) kxdocker-*i586.rpm, kxdocker-resources*.rpm

(I d. from http://narcis.tesa.ro/pub/rpms/kxdocker/ or http://gotux.altervista.org/index.php?mod=...load/Programmi/ ->Utilità)

or Kooldock

3)superkaramba-0.32b-2mdk.i586.rpm(search on google,you'llfind in a hurry),

xmmsctrl-1.6-3mdk(from distro CDs,is required by superkaramba), and osX_MenuBar-0.2.tar.gz

4)153-acqua-3.2.tar.bz2

Fatto? Then do for point:

1)install, after go to Menu->System->"Configuration"->Configure your Desktop--> Aspect->Icons and select "icOsX", ->apply

2)install, and run these wonderful docks!

3)install superkaramba and xmmsctrl,extract osX-MenuBar, and from terminal give superkaramba /directory you downloaded in/osX_MenuBar-0.2/osX_MenuBar.theme

4)extract, cd to /acqua-3.2 and give sh install.sh, the script will install the theme. Afterwards go to Menu->System->"Configuration"->Configure your Desktop--> Aspect->Style and select "acqua", then Menu->System->"Configuration"->Configure your Desktop--> Aspect->Window Decoration->IceWM-> and select aqua.

Up in the window "Button", and drag window buttons to the left-high corner as in perfect MacStyle!

Fatto?

Well, now you should have Icons, Dock, Style &Window decoration + Menubar like in a MacOsX box..the only problem are the un-rounded window corners of this IceWM theme, until now I haven't found a solution.

You can see the result in advance at "Show Off Your Desktop"...Isn't it the most Impressive Desktop Of The Planet!? :P :P :P

Thanks to Anna for the IceWm tip, I would like to kiss her..(p.s. for her, those kdemoreheartwork packages were useless,I did a mistake!)

nope :P

my desktop a few weeks ago.

just to annoy some friends :P

post-31-1086915110.ibf