PETITION MATROx

Gowator

http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewtopic.php?...=asc&highlight=

Anyway theres an online petition....

Matrox used to be REALLY good in Linux now its slipping and before long we will be stuck with nvidia closed source buggy drivers....

Anyone who beleives in opensource drivers or at least drivers for opensource OS's please check petition out!

Matrox hasnt slipped as much, they just moved into a different market. Their latest Parhelia card was deemed crap for gaming and recommended to professional designers and 3d modellers for rendering etc. Unless youre a hardcore rendering professional hehe, matrox probably wont be interested.

Besides, I see nothing wrong with the nvidia drivers :) Never had a bug with them.

plati, lots of people do though.

(whats your uptime)

Its not like I dont appreciate them making the dirvers BUT they need some competition.

The old MGA drivers are mega stable. I have an old Millenium 200 in a server - current uptime is only a couple of weeks becuase of a rebuild but before that it was months. My nvidia is lucky to get a week with the nvidia driver.