Spring Clean firefox

phunni

I've got an installation of firefox that I want to completely clear out and start again with.

There are a few extensions that aren't working properly etc...

Obviously I can simply uninstall firefox, but what do I need to delete in order to completely clear everything out? I'm installing from source not RPM if that makes a difference...

Edited by phunni

I think it's your ~/.mozilla that you should kill to remove personal settings. Plugins etc are usually in /usr/lib/mozilla/ but this is central for all instances of mozilla, so be careful.

Of course, as you built from source it could technically be anywhere (just about) :P

OK - managed to re-install it and celan out the extensions which was the main purpose.

I now have two issues with tabs (I installed the TabBrowser Extension):

1) pop up windows appear as tabs and I don;t really want them to

2) I would like that if I clicked on a link in another application - say, my email client or gaim, the link was opened in a new tab if firefox was already runng.

I can't figure out how to get it working like this - any suggestions?

Well, for your first question: Go to the Tab menu -> Tabbrowser Extensions Preferences and configure it from there. You should be able to do what you want.

Secondly, you will have to configure your mail client/gaim to use firefox. That's pretty easy (just do the manual browser command) Check here for a tip on getting firefox to open a new tab when it is opening a link from an external application.