Mdk 10.0 updates messed up screen & Konq text

DeanGreen

Veedub started updates for me and I finished them later that eveing, but intaially halfway thru, the desktop text became streched across whole monitor? It's also in Konquer and on some webpages, text is in grid formation and looks like a word search puzzle. Can it be fixed or should I just reinstall it all over again and if I do will I have to reinstall all updates. I would think so but am not 100% sure?

Open up a konsole (should be a button on the kicker bar at the bottom of your screen by default) and type

ksnapshot

That will open up the program, from there, I think there's a button you press to take the snapshot. There are other options you can fiddle with if you want. I can't remember what they are exactly.

You can also open that same console and type

import -window root currentdesk.jpg

replacing currentdesk with whatever you would like. That will take a snapshot of your desktop and store it in /home/username

Either one you can upload to the board using the attach file option found at the bottom of a new post (when you're replying to this post, for example)

Edited by LiquidZoo