Things we can do to help new linux users

VeeDubb

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, if you need any more help, I'll be happy to do what I can. I still consider myself a newbie...only been on 2-3 months...there are still some stuff I'm learning... :P

Though I suppose Linux isn't one of those things you learn in a month...or a year...or even maybe 10...I suppose you just keep learning more and more...then you become a guru with no social life...my life's goal! :P

i think this is a great idea...

i think myself of a newbie that have read a bit, so i can do some stuff... and some other i cannot...

i like the CLI, because i have started at computer with DOS 3.3 and then windows 3.1 came but i never liked it too much....

i think that is a really excellent idea to have 2 kind of FAQ's graphical and non-graphical...

another thing that can do a great deal of help to newbies is to speak clearly, i mean, not just say RTFM or STFW or etc...

but say how to do it...

i have answered some post at foros.tux.cl and foro.powers.cl both in spanish.. and after i have posted them i have realized that my post wasn't really helpful because i didn't understand it (if i were a newbie)...

so i elaborate some more... i think the most important thing to help newbies is to explain thing step by step.. even though we skip some steps when we do it in reality...

well, that was all i wanted to say.. i hope this is readable.. (as i said before in another post english is not my first language)

Thanks to all

Greetings ;)