Wine and MSoffice 2000 / Lotus Notes

Michel,

I have acrobat for linux, but this message is about the windows version, to run it with wine is a problem - which has this fix.

I think it may be nice to try this, that may solve some similar problems that I still have.

iphitus,

Actually, I tried the standard ones compiled for mandrake, not included with mandrake, from winehq on sourceforge - and everything newer than 20031212 doesn't work properly, I get the no-attachment problem....

This seems to be a problem with wine, not mdk - saw newsgroup posts of suse users and others who also had it.

Also, I had ok results the few times I tried to run wine, with the standard Mandrake included version -- but then I just played starcraft and didn't have Lotus Notes..

Actually, I will have to revise my point of view - thought that it would be better to push for native, now I realise that thanks to wine I can run linux at work.... Ah well, I was more against wineX, not wine anyway - and for games I really do believe native is the way to go..

BTW I get a standard apache page on that link...