CD #4?

SirDaniel

Hello. Have a quickish question. I downloaded the community Mandrake 10.0 version, and all the ftp sites I saw had the iso's for cd 1,2, and 3. Yet, when I install, it's asks for a mysterious cd #4.

I of course hit cancel because I don't have it, the install whirs for a bit more, then comes back with a ldconfig error. I imagine the error is because of the missing files from cd #4.

So, what is this mysterious cd I need to find? Anyone know?

Actually, the 4th cd was necessary because the mirrors for contrib were not up. The only things that are not there if you don't have it are some man pages for certain languages and then some - if you add the contrib mirrors, you will have it all.

Your problem with the installation without the 4th cd is not due to that most likely.

Anyway, the best thing to do is to do a more limited installation, then you won't need the 4th cd, then after installation, you go to MCC -> software management -> sources management (forgot the exact name), remove the 4th cd and add contrib (see easyurpmi setup, links on my website linkpage, or just google for easyurpmi). Then in software installation (rpmdrake) just select more packages to your hearts content...

On a side note, it may very well be that the 4th cd of mdk10.0CE is available on edonkey network, if you want I can find out the ed2k link for it...

Ok, remember I am a noob here. What exactly do I do with:

ed2k://|file|Mandrakelinux-10.0-Community-Download-CD4.i586.iso|725612544|229a75b0dcd8eb6d01cb412deb50f399|

I downloaded the program. Is there some way I use the program with the above line to download the file?

Ehm, well, you have to use any edonkey client to download that file of which I gave you the edonkey link.

Edonkey is a peer to peer (p2p) file sharing network/mechanism.

So you will need to install a client, then feed the ed2k:// link to it in some way.

For more info, just search with google for edonkey. This is not anything linux specific, so I didn't realise you are a noob in that area...

But as I said before, this will change little for your installation, the 4th cd can be missed.