A few problems with a few games

SwiftDeath

Ok... I'll keep that to mind then when I buy my next video card?

Which one would you remember that pretty descent and in the 40-70 bucks range for linux?

You can get a GeForce4-MX440 for about $45 in the states (if that's where you are). Probably less if you shop around. I know of one site found here that has the GeForce FX 5200 (not the Ultra version, though) for $75US right now.

You can get a GeForce4-MX440 for about $45 in the states (if that's where you are).

Id probably shy away from the MX440 in this day and age if you are planning on being able to play more current games such as Far Cry or UT2004. The MX440 will handle them ok, but if youre going for a GeForce4, stay in the Ti range instead of the MX's. The main thing separating these cards is that the Ti versions have a Hardware T&L (Texture and Lighting) chip, whereas the MX cards will use processing power to render texture and lighting.

Even going for the baseline GeForce4 Ti, which is the Ti4200 would be fine. Just as long as you have that Hardware T&L ;)