USB Wireless Keyboard Support?

sud_crow

Im thinking in acquiring Logitech Freedom Pro mouse and Keyboard, they are wireless and connect via USB, does anyone have any experience on this???

I really like this keyb and mouse, and if they dont work, i might end buying something from... yes, M$... they suck doing OSs, but their keybs along with Logitech ones are the best ergonomics i have seen.

Don't feal bad about the MS, they make great game consoles too!

Anyway, i don't see why it shouldn't work. If it requires a special driver under windows, (which I doubt) then it's probably a no go with linux. Likely as not however, it is just a standard USB keyboard, which IS fully supported on most systems, and handles the wireless all by itself.

The one thing I might caution you on, is to open up your bios settings and be sure to enable USBkeyboard support if it is optional. It shouldn't make a difference once the OS loads, but you might want to accss the bios some daay....

I have a Logitech Cordless keyboard with my Mandrake install on my desktop and I can tell you that it works great. I think mine's the Cordless Access Duo (keyboard and mouse). There were some problems with the mouse freezing intermittently (worked fine after I clicked one of the buttons) but that seems to be mostly cleared up.

Thanks guys...

I just found out that they can be connected via PS/2 also, so i prefer this and will go with it.

They do have some custom drivers, but they are for some special hotkeys i think and the extra buttons on the mouse.. is there a way to use this things without the drivers??

Liquid:

I was thinking in acquiring Access Duo but i really think "natural" keybs are something usefull thats why i went with this version, as im investing a lot of money (a normal keyb here is around 4 US dollars and this one is costing me around 66 USS and its used.) i thought i would better buy what i really wanted :)

Thanks again!

Actually i use Enlightenment... and tryed a couple of times to set up the "multimedia" keys i have in my current keyb and never succed to make them work...

I have one question remaining... the life of the keyboard and mouse...

How long do the batteries last in each device?? LiquidZoo?

I'll post here, but I also replied to your pm. The batteries in my cordless mouse for my laptop (also a logitech) seem to last about 2-3 months. I use the laptop every day for a couple of hours (usually gaming) and I never take out the batteries when I'm not using it.

Also, for the multimedia keys, check out acme (urpmi acme in Mandrake) to get them working. It works for me.