MDK-10 updates available

Guest anon

Anon,

Probably I'm jus stupid, but I was unable to add this a an update source, because neither myself nor the Mandrake Update tool could find an hdlist. Can you indicate me what the relative path to it is located?

Thanks in advance,

Sitor

Anon,

Probably I'm jus stupid, but I was unable to add this a an update source, because neither myself nor the Mandrake Update tool could find an hdlist. Can you indicate me what the relative path to it is located?

Thanks in advance,

Sitor

There is no hdlist, the directory just mirrors the latest updates from Mandrake.

You will need to choose the updates you need/require and update manually.

Hi BVC and ANON. I have been using Mandrake10 CE for about 3 weeks now.

A lot of the packages including kernels appear to have EXACTLY the same version numbers as in the CE. I was of the impression that many of these would have had bug fixes. Wouldn't that usually mean at least a .1 increase in the version number, or doesn't it work that way???. This is not an implied criticism of anything, only an attempt to find out and understand how the system works.

Actually I am waiting for the availability of the cdrom disk set of Mandrake10 OE in a week or two so I really do not intend to download any of these updates at this time. So my interest is just that, interest.

Thanks in advance.

that would make sense AussieJohn however I can't answer because I never looked a version numbers :unsure: :lol: :woops: :unsure:

kernel? are you sure? I don't think the CE kernel ever made it to 2.6.3-8. 7 maybe but not 8. Did it?

sitor, if you have the hd space you could put them on your hd and make an hdlist, then add a local source. It's extremely slow, btw.

[root@localhost root]# mkdir -p /share/updates
[root@localhost root]# cd /share/updates
[root@localhost updates]# wget -cr -nd --level=1 ftp://mandrake-forum.org/pub/Mandrake/Updates/10.0/
--09:53:27--  ftp://mandrake-forum.org/pub/Mandrake/Updates/10.0/
          => `.listing'
Resolving mandrake-forum.org... 213.232.94.69
Connecting to mandrake-forum.org[213.232.94.69]:21... connected.
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done.    ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done.  ==> CWD /pub/Mandrake/Updates/10.0 ... done.
==> PASV ... done.    ==> LIST ... done.

[ <=>                                                              ] 9,454         --.--K/s

09:53:29 (64.03 KB/s) - `.listing' saved [9454]

Removed `.listing'.
--09:53:29--  ftp://mandrake-forum.org/pub/Mandrake/Updates/10.0/MySQL-4.0.18-1.1.100mdk.i586.rpm
          => `MySQL-4.0.18-1.1.100mdk.i586.rpm'
==> CWD not required.
==> PASV ... done.    ==> RETR MySQL-4.0.18-1.1.100mdk.i586.rpm ... done.
Length: 1,435,666

100%[=================================================================>] 1,435,666     50.90K/s    ETA 00:00

09:53:57 (50.31 KB/s) - `MySQL-4.0.18-1.1.100mdk.i586.rpm' saved [1435666]

--09:53:57--  ftp://mandrake-forum.org/pub/Mandrake/Updates/10.0/MySQL-Max-4.0.18-1.1.100mdk.i586.rpm
          => `MySQL-Max-4.0.18-1.1.100mdk.i586.rpm'
==> CWD not required.
==> PASV ... done.    ==> RETR MySQL-Max-4.0.18-1.1.100mdk.i586.rpm ... done.
Length: 1,652,507

11% [======>                                                           ] 188,000       59.61K/s    ETA 00:24

Then from the media manager add the local source and it'll make an hdlist :D

or...do it with the genhdlist command.

Edited by bvc