Move over Wine, win4lin, et al??

I came across this website: http://www.specopslabs.com/david.htm

Has anyone heard of it? Could this be the program to get windows users to convert?? Wine didn't do it, win4lin didn't do it. So will this be different ? Maybe, the premsie seems good, I mean if I could run my CAD software on Linux, My boss wouldn't care what OS I was using, as long as I get my job done!!!

I vote vaporware.

I think this will never be successful for the same reason it has taken wine and winex to come as far as they have. MS is never going to release all the details of all their API's. It's just not going to happen. Without that, there's realy no way to keep up.

this has been discussed on the philippine LUG mailing list[1] for a week now. most have voted that it is just vaporware, some (including me) thinks its based on wine, and quite a few wants to play neutral and see if they really have something before judging.

before it was named david i remember it being called another name. my memory tells me it was Moses (middle-operating-system-emulation-something). i remember because it hit the local newspaper's IT headlines (inq7.net) when the 'original engineer who conceptualized' the whole thing refused to release his work to the company (which changed its name or was appropriated or was a new company in itself, i cant remember).

i say lets wait and see but i dont think it would add new value on the linux scene. but i am hoping i would be wrong. :)

ciao!

[1]

http://marc.free.net.ph/search/20041231.16...:free%2Dph.html