I found a good c tutorial

Darkelve

Hey,

I'm starting out to learn programming with 'C'. I don't (yet) have any books on it, but I surfed around the web a bit for tutorials to get my feet wet.

Anyway, here's the best one I found so far:

http://www.howstuffworks.com/c.htm

It is very clearly explained and they even make an effort to visually represent the flow of (a) program(s)!

Just thought I'd share it with you.

Darkelve

Interesting link,

The jump to the object oriented C++ language becomes much easier. C++ is an extension of C, and it is nearly impossible to learn C++ without learning C first.
I started learning C++ first with some help from a friend who knew C. He never said anything about learning C first but it wasn't that hard for me to get started. I found C++ not that hard to understand. But to learn C first is not a bad idea, I wish I had.

I just need to keep at it! So much more to learn.

Interesting link,
The jump to the object oriented C++ language becomes much easier. C++ is an extension of C, and it is nearly impossible to learn C++ without learning C first.
I started learning C++ first with some help from a friend who knew C. He never said anything about learning C first but it wasn't that hard for me to get started. I found C++ not that hard to understand. But to learn C first is not a bad idea, I wish I had.

I just need to keep at it! So much more to learn.

Tell me about it.

I've been following this for a few days now and I'm at this point:

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/c13.htm

Did most all of the exercises, as well as a small one of my own.

2 things I have found to be invaluable:

A. Put some dedication in the studies. Study a bit every day. Doesn't matter if it's only one page. Important thing is to grasp the concept(s)

B. When you don't understand something, it is important to have a clear mind. When you're confused as hell (bubble sort in my case...), it might help letting everything sink in for a bit and then re-read it a couple of times.

Anyway, I really feel like I'm making some progress here. I'll probably have grasped the 'basics of the basics' quite soon with this. Then I can start on a good book.

Tx for recommending the K&R book.

Darkelve