No Sound In Mplayer

Guest mandrake123

Guest mandrake123

I just installed MPlayer by adding the contrib ftp site to my urpmi database. My problem is no sound. All my quicktime vids play fine but i cant hear them. My sound works fine using xine with the oss driver. I tried the command

'mplayer -ao oss' but that did not work. Can someone help?

Guest mandrake123

Right clicking the windows does nothing. The only thing i can do is fast forward & rewind using the arrows keys and toggle full screen by using the F button. Is there a keyboard shortcut that will give me the preferences dialog?

I couldn't find any shortcut keys. I did find a way to configure your right click mouse button in KDE. If your not getting any kind of choices no matter where you right-click, go to K -> Control Center (not MCC) Select "LookNFeel" and then Desktop. Right button -> Desktop Menu. Maybe there are other ways to do this? (another note: "gmplayer" to start with gui)

Guest mandrake123

My right click works fine everywhere else. Also typing 'gmplayer' does nothing. I can only play movies by right clicking and selecting "open with" then selecting mlpayer. Still no sound. Anyone help??

Depends. I had problems with no audio on certain files, specifically ones using ACM audio. I didn't have the codecs installed. After recompiling with the codecs, it worked.

Now, I don't use the GUI, and I compiled from source, so I can't really help you with the RPMs. If you would like to compile from source, you can download the latest CVS at http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/cvs/MPlay...current.tar.bz2

You may want to remove the MPlayer RPMs before installing. Unpack the codecs to /usr/local/lib/win32, then unpack the source, enter the MPlayer-YYYYMMDD directory, and type ./configure --with-win32libdir=/usr/local/lib/win32. Then make and make install, and see if that works.

Guest mandrake123

OK, i downloaded the win32 codecs and i now have sound but, still no sound when opening quicktime movies? Any ideas? I downloaded the openquicktime-gstreamer rpm's but that didnt help. Also how can i get mplayer to NOT open every movie in full screen by default? Thanks