gDesklets...again

liquidzoo

There is a version of gDesklets in cooker. The RPM is 0.26.1

This version does not work! I downloaded and installed it on my desktop last night along with a complete cooker update. When I rebooted my machine (to boot into my new kernel, also installed last night) I got a "Sensor is missing or not installed" error when my starterbars were loading. They didn't load after that error. I tried reinstalling the sensor, which installed just fine, but I got the same error when I was trying to load the gDesklets. I have both version 0.30 and version 0.22.1 of the Starterbar, neither works.

I ran the same update on my laptop, after adding gdesklets to my /etc/urpmi/skip.list and my desklets there work just fine, so I'm convinced that it's this new rpm that's broken.

Just thought I'd give you all a heads-up. I know there are quite a few Mandrake users out there that use gDesklets as well.

I get the same error for the starterbar in 9.2. I've been working on it for a month now with no success. The first time I loaded it it worked fine. When I added another desklet it fudged up and hasn't worked since. All other desklets work fine, see:

*I couldn't resist, I just wanted to show my new desktop

post-31-1082089965.jpg

Edited by kmc77