cdrom problems after install

pcorajr

Open menudrake and go the the sound applications and click on one>in the rt pane you'll see the commmand to be executed to start the app. If there, remove soundwrapper. What is it? :huh: ...something that's suppose the help applications or the desktop environment but in the past and recently has caused problems. It's fine in Official..at least for me it is.

Edited by bvc

Also, the kde soundsystem is arts, you don't really need that, and I second what bvc said, it's not like you have tried everything.

Have you changed to OSS driver and tried, then changed back to ALSA and tried?

AAARGH!!! Forget what I wrote above,

I just read this comment of yours:

one question does it matter hat my soundblaste live is a dell card? it cam with my dell system and is has some extra stuff like a cord that run from the card to the fron pannel so the headphone jack is in front maybe the drivers im running are not compatible with this type of SB live card?

Ehm, yes, Dell sblive5.1 cards are different. Sorry for wasting your time. Don't think anyone has one running under Linux. Thanks Dell....

Thanks very much aRTee i think i will upgrade my sound card i was never a fan of SB cards. specially dell ones. got any specific card that are fully supported by linux ? i read a few threads on what cards worked good under linux but would like the input of the mandrake community.

thanks very much for the help. was a very good learning experiance.

got any specific card that are fully supported by linux ? i read a few threads on what cards worked good under linux  but would like the input of the mandrake community.

thanks very much for the help. was a very good learning experiance.

That reminds me,

does anyone know if this site is good? The idea is good, I'm just curious about other peoples experiences. Not that I'd buy anything from them; shipping price will probably be too high for me.

http://www.linuxvoodoo.com/

I am glad you bought yourself a new Audio card and got it working AOK.

Just read your post after my earlier one and saw where you mentioned that it was a DELL card that came supplied. I remember seeing some time ago that that card is modified by DELL and the usual Linux sound drivers do not work with it because although it is called a SoundBlaster card it really isn't anymore just like the Winmodem fiascos.

The recommended action was to buy a genuine card and you have done that anyways.

Enjoy your sound.