What's your favorite Genre?

brkville42NY

What is your favorite gaming genre?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite gaming genre?

• Role Playing Game
    • Sports Games[includes Pro Wrestling]
    • Action Games
    • Board Games
    • Reflex Games [Dance Dance Reveloution]
    • Other

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can dig any genre if the game has been done well.

Although, at the moment I don't have time for Strategy and stuff, I need games with instant gratification that I can play for a few minutes and then leave... so another vote for Action!

UT2004 being my favourite game at the moment!

... and NWN when I find time to play...

Turned based AD&D RPG, and Fallout 1 and 2. Hey, I am glad that Fallout 3 is back on the schedule, such as it is at the moment. Those old SSI Gold Box AD&D games are still some of my favorites.

When I bought Baldur's Gate, it came with this game called Fallout. I tried it out, and was hooked.

The old Rogue style games are also great, and some are still in active development!

OK,

Im sure everyone will call me a hypocrite....

First person shooters ....

At the moment Im doing Gulf War II on the XBOX. :woops:

(Also star wars - Clone wars)

Yeah i know.... its just a game though.....

Actually i really like Adventure but they take up too much time and theyre too involved, First person shooters with a bit of challenge are easier to take and leave.

My genre of choice is whatever game I'm playing right now. Right now, it happens to be Diablo II. Before that it was Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (I like D&D type games a lot).

Of course, those games are both on Windows (I have WineX, but it seems to be broken with the 2.6 kernels...that's for another thread). On Linux, it's UT2004, ET, RtCW (oldie, but goodie :P) or whatever game I have time for.

My genre of choice is whatever game I'm playing right now.  Right now, it happens to be Diablo II.  Before that it was Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (I like D&D type games a lot).

Of course, those games are both on Windows (I have WineX, but it seems to be broken with the 2.6 kernels...that's for another thread).  On Linux, it's UT2004, ET, RtCW (oldie, but goodie :P) or whatever game I have time for.

Actually LiquidZoo....

Very good comment....

If people realsed that the best game is the one they are playing they might not need to switch back and forth to winBlows :D

I dumped WinBlows long long ago but i still miss a couple of games....

having said that I have a dual boot XBOX with linux :D

But yep Linux has many fine games but they might not be exactly what people were playing and somehow switching CD recording SW is easier than switching games :screwy: etc.

Some games are only fun because of WHO you play with... Id like to try the text based MORPG that RamFree linked....

My best investment is playing the games on my screen which is the size of a whole WALL. i,.e 3mx2m (or 12'x7') ish depending on resolution etc.

That REALLY ROCKS :D

It has to be western style RPGs for me, something based around a D&D system. The baulders gate and fallout games are probably the shining examples.

The point and click adventure games (monkey island etc) come in a very close second - I still play them using scummvm (including the free beneath a steel sky and flight of the amazon queen).