MDK 10 Official is out

retcynm

now my head just blowed up. o_0

what do I do to go cooker?????

Wait until the cooker mirrors are up to date...

It has been suggested that all of the mirrors should be up and running now, but this is not the case for most cooker mirrors. Those that I have found are incomplete...that is, the hdlist is saying there are files in the RPMS/ dir that simply do not exist. There is one that I have found that is complete, but the hdlist will not download, or even be recognized, by urpmi.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official is out and the servers are swamped. No surprise. I see some of the prices went up on the packs.

Also, now that official is out, it won't be long until Netraverse has the Win4lin kernels for 10.0 official out as well.

bvc, gnome2.6 is not there, but it will be in CE. Read my other comment in the what is CE thread...

If you are on CE, please remember that it is practically the same as OE, at THIS VERY MOMENT. This will change in time. See the aforementioned other thread, and make up your mind as to whether you want OE or CE.

Hint: OE will not get gnome2.6...

Does anyone know of a bit torrent or a mirror yet?

Cant wait  :P

Mandrake 10.0 Official is only released to club members. If you are not a club member, then you won't get access too it just yet (unless you buy it from the store). As in times past when Mandrake has done the bittorrent-for-club-members deal we will -not- be allowing anyone to post links to, or otherwise give out bittorrents to the downloads. Or even links to the ISO's. Any such posts will be modified/deleted.

This has always been our stance at MUsB - we're here to support and help Mandrake.

Actually, the torrent file you get has your ip address in it, so they won't even work, unless I am wrong...

You're correct, the torrent file is linked to your IP. However, you can still download it then offer it on ftp, which we won't allow people to talk about on this forum B)

If anyone offers it on ftp we should all download if from there again, to protect our investment, right? :P

But yeah, I agree that we should not talk about it. Also, I will prepare the edonkey links (hey, why not do something legal with edonkey for once) and post them here and on my site as soon as OE goes public. For those who think that that makes little sense next to ftp and bittorrent, well bittorrent will only be fast/ok speed in the beginning, it will dry out, and ftp doesn't guarantee a good download, especially with bad ftp clients under win...

Other than that, I still occasionally see mdk9.2 downloads via edonkey...

but do I stay in CE or get the OE? :S

I know that I will be buying the 10.0 OE Powerpack Edition in a couple of months. I have to get a CPU and case first. I think. I am trying to get Jashaka running in Linux and 9.1 seems to be the one it works in, according to the sourceforge jashaka forums.

Ghil, I noticed that you said you were playing with Maya 5. Which OS and version are you using for Maya 5???? It would be very nice if it worked in Mandrake...... :D

what do you think about this site?

http://www.loadux.com/seldistros.html

They list MDK 10 OE for 9.99 and garauntee the speed that your line is rated to handle. so for me thats 380 k/sec

SLACKWARE

For the Linux puritans, Slackware is the most UNIX

alike distribution.

Must be a good site. :lol:

Working

/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg

OF2RPMS ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrake/official/10.0/i586/Mandrake/RPMS {
 hdlist: hdlist.OF2RPMS.cz
 with_hdlist: ../base/hdlist.cz
 key-ids: 70771ff3
}

OF2Updates ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrake/official/updates/10.0/RPMS {
 hdlist: hdlist.OF2Updates.cz
 list: list.OF2Updates
 key-ids: 22458a98
}

OF2RPMS2 ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrake/official/10.0/i586/Mandrake/RPMS2 {
 hdlist: hdlist.OF2RPMS2.cz
}

OF2RPMS3 ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrake/official/10.0/i586/Mandrake/RPMS3 {
 hdlist: hdlist.OF2RPMS3.cz
}

OF2Contrib ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrake/official/10.0/contrib/RPMS {
 hdlist: hdlist.OF2Contrib.cz
 with_hdlist: synthesis.hdlist.cz
 synthesis
}

[root@localhost root]# cat /etc/mandrake-release

Mandrake Linux release 10.0 (Official) for i586

Edited by bvc