MDK 10 Official is out

retcynm

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that the Mandrakelinux 10.0 Community is a still evolving and not officially supported distribution on Mandrakeexpert.

Moreover, we recommend not to install Community packages on an Official version. First this will void your support contract, and second this is not aimed to be.

Huh?? :rolleyes: That's the most confusing thing I've read in quite a while. What is CE; how does it relate to OE and can you update your CE to OE with an upgrade install or is that also "not aimed to be"??? And why do I have the feeling that mandrake is making this up as they go along?

Edited by pmpatrick

So from how I understand it, they're going to run 2 Mandrake 10 versions along side each other and the official one shouldn't have community stuff installed on it. The official will be tested stuff and the community will be more like a working progress with users being the testers? Am I correct or completely wrong? Thanks

Why I want the isos now? Well, I want to upgrade my wifes system, and she's leaving for a week so now I'll have the time (no sense in using CE on her system - actually she was still running 9.1 so not hot on updating anyway).

My brother asked for Mandrake - he's a RH user so far, but I went past him in linux using and knowledge, and now he wants to see why I think Mandrake is so cool.

Then, I have a colleague at work who just tried to install CE and today told me 'the first cd doesn't boot'.... The guy actually started on Mdk due to me, and became a clubmember too. But he's still on 9.1, except that yesterday he hosed his system...

He did try the second cd, but ran into some other problem there.

Apart from that, I want to install mdk10oe on my niece and nephews system, they use linux for dvd/divx and win for games (mostly, got them some linux games too).

Lastly, I have my server that today has an uptime of 81days... And very full harddrives, so time to upgrade there too.

and if that's what it takes for bt to be good....no wonder it stinks

Indeed. People who DON'T use it should NOT complain because THEY are the reason it "stinks".

no, people don't use it because it stinks. Never once worked for me. It stinks, unless the new version is a major turnaround from past versions. If it can't be installed>work....it's not going to be on my box. I know, I know.....works for you. Congrats!....happy slow tranfer rating.

aRTee, I don't see gnome-2.6 in there anywhere. Do you?

OK, so it looks like I don't need to start downloading right away. Sounds like I'd better stick to CE myself (that looks like what I can commit to next to a Mandrake club membership, cooker is a little bit too far for me, thank you).

Already did the update. Waw, I'm so happy the mirors are up again.

Ciao,

Sitor

Obscure,

It seems not possible to do the normal update from the MCC. However it is possible to add a update source via urpmi (in any case via the club, but it seems to me via Easy urpmi as well. If you use the MCC and select the install module, indicate you want oly the medim repository of the update source you have indicate to urpmi as update source, you get alle packages for which an update exists. Not a direct way for the update, but it works.

Should think that the whole update should work soon now.

Ciao,

Sitor

So where can us non-club members download it? Or are we stuck with community edition only?

Mdk10-OE isos will be made available to non-club members in about two weeks from the date they were made available to club members which is just about the amount of time it will take me to finish my bittorrent download from mandrake club. I've been stuck at ~10KB/sec for the last five hours :furious3: