Download or Purchase?

Richiev

Also which version of the Nvidia driver did you install? Also, if your resolution is set too high, or some setting is off this can also cause the problem to occur. To play with the different resolutions and settings type as root:

XFdrake

aRTee said:

With too high settings, X should automatically take a lower one until one works.

I wish.

I had the same problem driving me crazy till I figured why!

I got a generic 'cheapo' 19" monitor. I know its max resolution in WinXP is 1280x1024@ 85Hz. In Mdk10 I set it to 1280x1024@76Hz (max available)and installed nvidia drivers and then had the same problem as Richiev.

My solution was to go back to 'nv' driver, set screen res to 1024x768, re-edit XF86Config to use 'nvidia', get back into X and use MCC to test just about every possible combo's for max screen res. I settled at 1280x1024@74Hz.

I'm curious to try the

options "IgnoreDisplayDevices..."

But I have no problems so I'll leave it alone..

cheers

I am about to give up and buy Mandrake 10 Official

If I do will it install the nvidia drivers by default, saving me the hassle, or will I have to install the drivers my self, and repeat this (long) process.

Will the drivers that come with the software be designed specificaly for this distro.

I would really like to continue using linux and have been encoraged by the support I have recived here.

Thanks again for everyones help.

RichieV

:mdk:

Going from arthurking, I think it is best to let setup go to a default, and then tweak it after that. Apparently, the difference between 76Mhz and 74Mhz is the difference between sight and blindness!! B)