.wmv files

DeanGreen

In my experience, I always fail to play wmv files (which encoded with wmv9 library) with all players available in linux. But then if you use mplayer and see the log, there is a requirement for mplayer to be able to play wmv9. You can get all the codecs at mplayerhq.hu. And the codecs that you need is win32codecs.

You just donwload the win32codecs.tr.bz2 (ftp://ftp1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/win32codecs.tar.bz2), and unpack it at /usr/local/lib/win32. After that you can play all wmv files.

I hope this help you.

In my experience, I always fail to play wmv files (which encoded with wmv9 library) with all players available in linux. But then if you use mplayer and see the log, there is a requirement for mplayer to be able to play wmv9. You can get all the codecs at mplayerhq.hu. And the codecs that you need is win32codecs.

You just donwload the win32codecs.tr.bz2 (ftp://ftp1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/win32codecs.tar.bz2), and unpack it at /usr/local/lib/win32. After that you can play all wmv files.

I hope this help you.

That, or add a plf source to urpmi (This board is a plf mirror) and urpmi win32codecs

Works great for me.

• 2 weeks later...

After installing the win32 codecs Mplayer plays all .wmv files without problems but xine doesnt. :furious3:

I only get the picture running but the sound is all messed up. Already tried different sound settings with xine with no sccuess.

Any suggestions?:help:

Thx

Phish

I had the xine-win32 package already installed.

Maybe some facts about my software might help:

Installed Packages:

libxine1-1-0.rc3.6mdk

xine-aa-1-0.rc3.6mdk

xine-arts-1-0.rc3.6mdk

xine-dxr3-1-0.rc3.6mdk

xine-esd-1-0.rc3.6mdk

xine-flac-1-0.rc3.6mdk

xine-plugins-1-0.rc3.6mdk

xine-ui-0.9.23-3.1.100mdk

xine-ui-aa-0.9.23-3.1.100mdk

xine-ui-fb-0.9.23-3.1.100mdk

xine-vcdx-1-0.rc3.1mdk

xine-win32-1-0.rc3.8plf

also installed the latest win32 codecpack from http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/ to /usr/lib/win32 .

home/.xine/config:

codec.win32_path:/usr/lib/win32

Did I forget something?

...thanks for your suggestions.

Phish

home/.xine/config:

codec.win32_path:/usr/lib/win32

I think win32codecs from mplayer is different and not shared libraries, so xine will not use it. Just for information, I downloaded mplayer for windows (since my school's lab only run windows) and have same problem with .wmv, but after adding the same win32codecs everything wok just like in linux.

You can see that the codecs are .dll's.