installing 9.1 on powerbook G4 12"

Remo

Has anyone succeeded in installing mandrake 9.1 on a apple powerbook g4 12". I cant even reach the GUI of installation because it appears an error saying he following

Couldn't open RGB_DB '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb'

because apparently it does not find it.

I have tried install-gui, install-benh, and they both do the same. When i try install-gui-old it freezes when it loads the blue window of linux install that has a small x in the middle. I have tryed instal-text, but i dont know what the drivers for my devices are, so i cant really do anything... do you know something???

thanks in advance

I have a G3 PowerBook and it worked fine with "install-gui gui-old atyfb128". You have a different video card though, so the last part would be different for you.

I'm downloading the Cooker for PPC now, and if I can figure out how to make the CD's, I'm going to give it a try. I really like Mandrake better than Yellow Dog, but the only problem I have found is that I can't get my sound working in 9.1. Hopefully that will be fixed in 10. If not, I guess I'll have to wait till May and get the next version of Yellow Dog which is going to be based on Fedora. I've tried installing Fedora's PPC version, but can't get the video working right there.