css help needed

Michel

Heya,

I'm trying to make a webpage and position things with css, but I have some problems. I'll give a link to the code beneath. My beiggest problem is that I can't get the body-tag to correspond to the screen-wdth and height. I'm using the position=fixed for it and then use for elements position:relative, but it doesn't seem to work The relatiove stuff seems t work, but the style-body-tag won't work. My page looks already different in mozilla, konqueror and internet explorer. So, if someone could get me going I would appreciate it.

What I'm trying to do, is that the pictures are in the middle-part of the screen, beneath each other, but I have put them in another <div> so that they would maintain their own scale and so that I could center them inside the div...that way they ....would be centered and maintain their height-width-ratio. But they just take the widt of the div ..which isn't what I want ..maybe because of the relative?

And beneath the pictures, on the bottom of the page, there is some centered text.

Here is the link:

http://lumumba.luc.ac.be/~michel/Marianne.html

Thanks for the help,

Michel

Ok, the webpage shows like I want in mozilla and konqueror. I can't try it out it explorer 6.0 yet ..so if someone would want to check it. Thanks.

A girl-friend of mine will check it, but if someone should know the answer quite easily here and want to tell it ..feel free ... :)

In explorer 5.5 the normal pages seem to render quite fine, except for the boxed arounf the links and the distance between them. Maybe because I use the box-model for the lin ks here. But in explorer 5.5 the intro-page just look ugly. ...the png's aren't transparent, which I hope they are in 6.0. But the pictures aren't resized. If someone can tell me why it doesn't resize the pictures or what 5.5 doesn't support what I'm using..thanks ..but that is if you just know it instantly ofcourse.

The pictures are quite heavy ..It are just black-transparent-pictures(on the opening page). Maybe gif (can gifs be transparent?) will reduce it more...?

Does maybe someone knows how to determine if explorer is accessing the page and then choosing a different page? Mayeb also the version if 6.0 renders is ok.

http://lumumba.luc.ac.be/~michel/

Thanks.

Edited by Michel

I think I found what explorer doesn't support.

The css-tag > that I'm using. It's for descending in the tree, so I don't have to mention class=xxx the whole time. Maybe there is another way (better?) to accomplish this and so that explorer still does it. I don't like all those class-tags :).