bibletime and sword project

grendal

I want to use bibletime, which also usesing the sword project but can't seem to get it to run. Heres what Im using: mandrkae 9.2 , bibletime-1.1-1.src.rpm , libsword3-1.5.7-1mdk9.2.i586.rpm (and the devel rpm) and finally sword-1.5.7-1.mdk9.2.rpm. everything installed correctly(so I thought), but I can't get it to run. Should I uninstall bibletime, since the rpm wasn't specifically for 9.2? they have a 9.0 rpm should I use that? Also how are the modules installed? Ive used bibletime/sword in windows but never did figure out how to install the modules. Thanks in advance for the help I know is coming.

Ok, I found a rpm for 9.2 that worked, I installed several modules during the "first time setup" which was easy enough, is that method also possible later? In other words did I waste time downloading other modules? And how do you install modules from a zip file?

I always use ark to unzip them and place the files in the appropriate directory, /usr/share/sword/? The instructions are in the readme, and I'll look when I get home. Each module must be unzipped and installed. Even with the file upgrades, the modules are always the same. I keep zipped copies in my /home dir.

Yes, /usr/share/sword The files contain their own folders for placement.

Edited by Ixthusdan

Just unzip the module into /usr/share/sword and it's done.. Just to make sure you are superuser when you are unzipping the module. Ix uses ark, I uses gnozip, but any GUI based unzipper can do the job.

Anyway, the Initial install of Bibletime is just like a first time wizard. You can change it later by going into options.