Mdk 10.0 Official Update-check this one out

Guest NSL1212

Well, I just checked my favorite mirror (ftp.club-internet.fr) and ther are only 7 or 8 packages un the 10.0 updates, and nothing for i586 in cooker or contrib...

I wonder when they will be back and the OE main and contrib sources will be up and running...

aplomb

a·plomb

n.

Self-confident assurance; poise.

[French, from Old French a plomb, perpendicularly : a, according to (from Latin ad-. See ad-) + plomb, lead weight (from Latin plumbum, lead).]

I cant be the only one who didnt know. :unsure:

Well, I just checked my favorite mirror (ftp.club-internet.fr) and ther are only 7 or 8 packages un the 10.0 updates, and nothing for i586 in cooker or contrib...

I wonder when they will be back and the OE main and contrib sources will be up and running...

Thanks to linux_learner, I did find a working cooker mirror for those that are interested:

ftp://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirro...Mandrake-devel/

Thanks for telling us.

Updates are there, but where are the contrib and main repositories?

[rb@karoshi rb]$ cat /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg

cooker_main ftp://ftp.proxad.net/pub/Distributions_Li...6/Mandrake/RPMS {

hdlist: hdlist.cooker_main.cz

with_hdlist: ../base/hdlist.cz

key-ids: 26752624

}

cooker_contrib ftp://ftp.proxad.net/pub/Distributions_Li.../Mandrake/RPMS2 {

hdlist: hdlist.cooker_contrib.cz

with_hdlist: ../base/hdlist2.cz

key-ids: 26752624

}

cooker_other ftp://ftp.proxad.net/pub/Distributions_Li.../Mandrake/RPMS3 {

hdlist: hdlist.cooker_other.cz

with_hdlist: ../base/hdlist3.cz

key-ids: c431416d

}

plf ftp://plf.time4t.net/pub/plf/mandrake/cooker {

hdlist: hdlist.plf.cz

with_hdlist: hdlist.cz

list: list.plf

key-ids: caba22ae

}

update_source ftp://ftp.proxad.net/pub/Distributions_Li...dates/10.0/RPMS {

hdlist: hdlist.update_source.cz

with_hdlist: ../base/hdlist.cz

list: list.update_source

key-ids: 22458a98

update

}

local file://home/rb/Downloads/Install {

hdlist: hdlist.local.cz

list: list.local

ignore

}

Maybe I'm really stupid here... just installed 10.0 looks great, all my HW worked "out of the box", but I cannot get any update lists from any of the standard mirrors, do I need to manually use these mirrors that you guys are refereing to here?

BTW: Maybe this is a bit off-topic, but do you have links to any good URPMI sources for software for 10.0? I'm thinking espesially about Firefox and aMSN here... I hate tarball installs (yeah, I'm a n00b)

prior to this recent blunder, cooker was the updated to 10, so you could try the above links posted by nggalai. I see the gnome-2.6 in there...after all it is cooker but the new cooker is what fried so many installs just b4 this disaster....SO, be very selective and conservative in what you choose to upgrade.

[edit] if you can stand it...you might wait til end of day to see if they get their act together on the (was CE) work in progress 'Stable' not 'Official' tree. :unsure:

Edited by bvc

I agree that patience is the keyword.

And I agree that this is really a mess...!!!

Seems they really had no plan for the transition at hand. How hard can it be?

Rename some folders, link some, and boom, it is done.... Am I missing something here? Oversimplifying or so?

All they had to do on the mirrors is move stuff from mandrake-devel to mandrake 10.0 or whatever dir name....

BTW if you check the cooker timestamps of the mirrors nggalai indicated, you can tell what packages predate the transition (all afaics) - and those should therefor be ok, no?

*whew* I'm glad I stopped updating cooker so often after a blowout with Xserver a couple weeks ago.....

Thanks BVC for making more more cautious...I missed out on this mess for once! :thumbs:

Question though....when I installed MDK it was 10RC1...so I've been using cooker sources all the while. Should I change to sources for version 10 or is it too late? Obviously nothing can be done now, I mean when this is all straightened out.

Topdog: There is an RPM for AMSN 0.90 that worked great for me in MDK 10. CLICK

Its on the amsn page...guess you missed it ;)

Edited by evilmrt

how long has it been since you updated everything (or almost) with cooker? Only you can tell really based on what's on the cooker mirror above or go the safe route as Kjel Oslund explained (which is what I would do).

you should be able to do;

cat /etc/mandrake-release

to find what version you're at, however the mandrake-release pkg deps are not tied correctly that it's a forced update so it can be a false illusion :juggle: .

Edited by bvc

I know that my system now says 10.1, so I have updated once too many. My konq is running funny, and I'm going to have to reinstall when I get my dvd of 10.

Ok, just went to check on the official download page of Mandrake (the one that unused visitors never find since they don't read properly and click the wrong 'now' button...) at

http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/ftp.php3

and guess what, it says this:

Service availability (April 9th, 2004): due to a current re-organization of all our FTP tree, you may experience some issues in finding what you're looking for. Please accept our apologies. The whole service should be 100% back to normal operations on April 12th, 2004.

Also, one mirror is listed for non-iso stuff for 10.0 (contrib and main, update is available all around) and it does work (at least, it did last night) it's in Switzerland...

So, enjoy Easter guys and girls.

BTW that Mdk page seems to automatically update mirrors and all, so it might just be the first place to look when in trouble with mirrors.

I do think they could have been more vocal about this, but well, at least they apologise...