Mdk 10.0 Official Update-check this one out

Guest NSL1212

On my favorite server, nluug, I found the Mnadrake 10 updates under the current stuff, along with 7.0,7.1,8.0,8.1, etc. They are moving things for the whatever-the-name-is release!

Thanks for telling us.

Updates are there, but where are the contrib and main repositories?

Good question. :angry:

I can't update anything on our server, in some cases the directories on the remote server no longer exist, in others the "address" of the rsync modules have changed.

Loads more work for me playing hunt the module :wall:

On my favorite server, nluug, I found the Mnadrake 10 updates under the current stuff, along with 7.0,7.1,8.0,8.1, etc. They are moving things for the whatever-the-name-is release!

googled>looked @ nluug.nl>nothing past 9.2. Where? Link?

thx!....that's messed up :unsure: I was looking here;

ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man...drake/Mandrake/

were all the other releases are :lol: ....guess since it's not official yet....it's not there yet?

...and why less on one mirror verses another?

ftp://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/unix/linux...ates/10.0/RPMS/

Edited by bvc

I saw a post on MandrakeClub that had a reference to this message Warly of April 1 (not an auspicious date) . Note the "cooker is now reopend".

Looking at the one mirror that does seem to have updated community RPMS I noticed that there are no Gnome-2.6 packages. Which leads me to the theory that there was a screw-up at Mandrake with the re-opening of cooker for 10.1 (I presume) which leaked Gnome 2.6 packages into the 10-CE distribution.

Mandrake doesn't seem to have had a fully worked-out plan for handling updates to the Community edition and managing the promotion of the release to Official. They have messed up in a major way by not communicating their plan (if they had one) to their users and made a further mess of it by remaining silent during this mirror reconfiguration. There really no excuse for that.

The Gnome-2.6 updates messed up my system so badly (I was getting linkage errors from vi!) that I had to re-install from my discs.

I hope they learn a few lessons from all this.

Guest Adriano

Something weird happened to my fonts... after a noclean update going way wrong, I've lost my windows fonts... Updates are unavailable, perl updates show as b0rken, :(

So I'm waiting for everything to come back to normal.

Which leads me to the theory that there was a screw-up at Mandrake with the re-opening of cooker for 10.1 (I presume) which leaked Gnome 2.6 packages into the 10-CE distributionWhich leads me to the theory that there was a screw-up at Mandrake with the re-opening of cooker for 10.1 (I presume) which leaked Gnome 2.6 packages into the 10-CE distribution

I noticed the same thing and believe your right. Remember, mdk10-ce was suppose to evolve into mdk10-oe. I saw some posts on PCLinux that mandrake had sent the OE isos to the manufacturer for pressing last week. I think the confusion is caused by the transition from CE to OE. I guess when OE comes out there will be no more CE it having evolved into OE. I'm not running anymore updates until OE comes out then I'll do an Upgrade install and hope it goes OK. I also noticed that there were no updates for about a week right around the time it was reported that the OE isos were being pressed then a bunch of updates(~700MB) came out which looked to me like 10.1 cooker stuff. At any rate, the OE isos should be up shortly. I also noticed that the CE isos are gone from a lot of mirrors. There's obviously a transition going on and mandrake has handled it with its usual aplomb.

Edited by pmpatrick