Am I Dreamin' ?

Peppercorn

G'Day,

I'd like to make a CD presentation for Windows users, selling the benefits of shifting to Linux/Mandrake.

I would like it to be a little bit like an instructional video, that shows the Mandrake desktop, how you would open a document in Open Office, and how to save it etc etc. All the time with an audio over the top explaining what it is that I'm doing.

I would like it to show how easy it is to do some tasks, like emailing, and even web surfing.

Is there a program out there that will record (I think that it is called WYSIWYG) program???????

Then IF I can record all these exercises, I would like to master the CD to be able to play on Windows Computers. Is it possible?

So, "Am I Dreamin? or what????

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

You can use the powerpoint like product but make it '97 compatible.. and use a wave file not a mp3... if you need help let me know... ive done it before... also you can make a script to lunch with an auto.ini or something like that.. its been a year sence i did one

Well, on my site I have some flash recordings of the desktop, basically I used vnc2swf (just urpmi it), started a vnc server, then connected to that server with vnc2swf with some parameter for the filename of the swf file...

It just records anything you do, and you can play the flash result in any flash capable browser.

The result may get quite big (for internet use), but if you are putting it on cd, no problem with 20MB files...

Howabout that, would that do?

well i read your post again... as far as the screen cap you can do a gif file with a series of screen shots or use a program like this xvidcap. or you can try running linux using Vmware with another install of linux and use the screen cap with it... or you can do it the cheat way ;) (listed above) and youll need a computer and camcorder and video tape it and then capture the video to the computer... either way theres no quick way.

Hey Thanks for all your replies and assistance.

I think I'll have a go with the setup suggested by Artee at this stage, and see how I go.

Artee, can I ask. Why do you need the vncserver?? Do you operate the vnc server from the client which has the vnc2swf running on it ????

Is that right???

Thanks and awaiting your reply.