Submit

WilliamS

well here my two cents... in some ways it a good idea.. i work for a retail giant here in the US... (not walmart) we are looking to run this with out customer data base to help the needs of the customer and also this will help with out supply chain... better inventory and track an item while its in the store.. so that the prices can go down... less theft cheaper prices. its an ugly circle... but it needs to start some where... and big brother is here and hes going to stay... after 911 freedom as we knew it will not be the same... And hell big brother has always been there hes now become a bully.

I agree with glennp that it's a good idea for the seller, but I assume the chip remains active after purchase, so that if my keystrokes can be detected from outside a residence, so can the chip in this printer.

This then qualifies as invasion of privacy.

Don't need it.

hey, that's a good thing! you can actually track the exchange of fruit cake during Christmas...it's the same fruit cake year after year!

if you're worried about privacy, just put aluminium foil around it...do that to a wireless router/hub/receiver and see what I mean. :twisted:

We are the borg!

You will be assimilated!

Your distinctiveness will be added to our own!

Resistance is futile!

No I disagree with the whole thing. The control of theft, better inventory, service, and so on sounds like more empty promises. And most assuredly will add to the price of the product collectively. Bah!

but I know I'm :wall:

Edited by RadioEar

So?

Not like you're not being tracked anyway, and this is just for product tracking. Note that if you don't want this, never ever pay with credit card anywhere, that tells them much more...

atleast in the us...don't use cash either. What did you think that fiberoptic line that says USA TEN XXX was for?.....tracking. So now what are ya gonna buy with :zzz:

Right bvc, big bro is all over....

In any case, rfid stuff really doesn't work at larger distances, no tin foil necessary.

Imagine, we live in a world where it is really hard to get wireless devices to work properly, and at the same time those same manufacturers would be capable of implementing something that could wirelessly spy on people?

Start folding your tin foil hats guys...

:P

actually yes, we get technology 30 years after the fact. They've been doing this stuff for a long time already. Smart chip have been in credit cards for how long now? Over ten. When they first started with the fiberoptics in cash, what?...ten years ago?....a local story was on the local new of a women that was car jacked and taken to her atm to remove all her money. Proper law called proper law on up the chain til finally someone entered a code from the line on one of the bills that the atm released from the womans account, into a computer. Satellite pin pointed...and I do mean pin pointed the hotel room the car jacker was in. Busted. Happy shopping! If it's for our own good.....why isn't this done today?....all the time?

Edited by bvc