Mandrake 9.2 Software Install Problems

Lucifer

Ok...I got a fresh install of Mandrake 9.2 and When I installed KDE Games and XMME almost all of the other software that was installed by default was gone...as a matter of fact. The KDE games didnt even show up in my applications bar. I've had this happen to me before and i just reinstalled to fix the problem...is there an easier way to fix it???

I'm not sure the software is gone. You may just need to update your menus. Open Menudrake and save, then close. That should do it.

A similar situation happened to me. I restarted and everything was fine. Weird huh?

There is a problem with the rpm database. You should download some updates. Use MandrakeUpdate and install the packages named rpm. Then the problem will be fixed. There is something wrong in the rpm database created by the command rpm coming with the CDs of the installation...

Bye!

I'm not sure the software is gone. You may just need to update your menus. Open Menudrake and save, then close. That should do it.

no...im pretty sure the software is gone...I restarted and tried to get into Mandrake Control Center and it said that the MCC couldn't be found. The Konsole is gone too...I would do the update...but i dont have a network card for the computer I'm running MDK on