Linksys LNE100TX Driver Question

Tortilla Bob

I've been searching for about an hour becuase I figured something like this would have come up before, but it has eluded me in the searches so far.

I have a Linksys LNE100TX which Mandrake 10 auto-detects as a Lite-on NIC. It works, but I figured as a learning tool that I'd install the drivers that I downloaded from Linksys.

So now I'm left with a file called tulip.c which I have gathered I need to compile.

I have no idea how to do that.

If someone can point me toward a tutorial, another thread where this has been covered, or give me a rundown as to what I need to do, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks!

It's been a while since I've had to specifically compile Linksys drivers for Linux (over 4 years) but back then they had instructions on their site for how to compile and install them. I think it took some digging to find them but they were there. I'm sorry I don't have the link bookmarked anymore.

Good Luck!

Glitz.

don't know if this will help, but here's the intstructions for compiling & installing from the LinkSys web site.......

http://www.linksys.com/support/support.asp?spid=25

Chris