KDE 3.2.1

Cornellius

So, I want KDE 3.2.1. I know that Mandrake doesn't installs Desktop Environements like the other distros so compiling Gnome 2.6 for Mandrake is a mess, but I was wondering if it was the same thing with KDE. I mean, can I just compile the KDE 3.2.1 packages like every app or Mandrake have a special way of installing KDE too, like Gnome ? Where can I see if someone released RPMs of Gnome 2.6 and KDE 3.2.1 ? Thanks everyone !

Texstar was about the only stable avenue for getting a newer kde on an older mandrake than the current and now he's got his own livecd>hd-install called PCLinuxOS that is no longer mandrake compatible. Like garnome for gnome there's konstruct for kde though like garnome....well, good luck. I personally have never tried to compile kde rpm's but from what I've seen, I wouldn't. The easiest way is to point urpmi to a cooker mirror (frozen for ML-10 at the moment) and hope all goes well. What ever you decide.....back up the critical stuff and prepare for the worst :D

• 2 weeks later...
Texstar was about the only stable avenue for getting a newer kde on an older mandrake than the current and now he's got his own livecd>hd-install called PCLinuxOS that is no longer mandrake compatible.

I'm using Tex's KDE 3.2.1 on a MDK 9.2 and a 10 CE install. Performs flawlessly. ;)