Configure VNCviewer

Linux_Fan

Hello,

On my PC, with LM9.2, I use rfbDrake 0.9. and use it as a server. With my laptop (Win98) I use VNCviewer to work remotly om mine linux-machine. When VNCviewer is started I select full screen . But the screen of the monitor of mine Linux-machine is not totally fiiting on the screen of mine laptop. Mayby, because the screen-size of the screen of the Linux-machine (1280x1024) is bigger then the size of the screen of the laptop (1024x768). Is there a way to get whole screen as full screen on the display of the laptop?

You are exactly right about the resolution difference being your problem. To my knowledge there is no way to stretch or shrink it - you could resize your desktop to make it the same size, but I'm sure you aren't that desperate...

The vnc server determines the screen size, you can set the size of the vncserver resolution to match your laptop, it should be something like this:

vncserver :3 -geometry 1024x768 .....

etc.

Check the documentation, all should be there. I have a mention about this on my site too, howto's page (old, but should be still correct info).