Counter-Strike/Steam Fonts

mod note: moved to emulation by tyme

I just instaled Steam via, Winex3 :help: and i went ahead and installed the tg-font-install as well. My font still do not work correctly. I check out the transgaming font FAQ and it didnt really help me i think i do not have the newest version of freetype2. Does anyone know where i can get the new freetype2 for mandrake 10. I only installed using the first cd is there any chance it could be on the second cd or third/forth.

Also has anyone successfuly gotten CS/STEAM to run in mandrake 10 and if so how did you do it?

any help you could give me would be greatful, i want to get gaming soon! :afro:

Edited by tyme

• 2 weeks later...
I just instaled Steam via, Winex3  :help:  and i went ahead and installed the tg-font-install as well. My font still do not work correctly. I check out the transgaming font FAQ and it didnt really help me i think i do not have the newest version of freetype2. Does anyone know where i can get the new freetype2 for mandrake 10. I only installed using the first cd is there any chance it could be on the second cd or third/forth.

Also has anyone successfuly gotten CS/STEAM to run in mandrake 10 and if so how did you do it?

any help you could give me would be greatful, i want to get gaming soon!  :afro:

I played around with Steam and WineX 3.3 for about 3 months, and MadHattr, ... let me tell you something, IT SUCKS THE BIG ONE !! I installed Opposing Force, CS, and Day of Defeat, and the only time I could ever play, was the first time I ran Steam, after doing a complete reinstall. Then it just keeps telling me that I am "Unable to run game at this time please try later". Then I have to reinstall it again. Valve has a ton of issues to work out with that one. I guess they even suffered a DDoS by a disgruntled user LOL. Transgaming made a poor choice on adding support for this one.

I played around with Steam and WineX 3.3 for about 3 months...

that's interesting, considering winex 3.3 hasn't even been out for two months

;)

according to the march 18th status report, support for steam was just introduced in winex 3.3. they request:

If there are any problems, please report them through support requests or in the vote comment section.

unfortunately i don't know of a solution to your problem :(

Edited by tyme

• 1 month later...
I played around with Steam and WineX 3.3 for about 3 months...

that's interesting, considering winex 3.3 hasn't even been out for two months

;)

according to the march 18th status report, support for steam was just introduced in winex 3.3. they request:

If there are any problems, please report them through support requests or in the vote comment section.

unfortunately i don't know of a solution to your problem :(

Keyword there was ABOUT, felt more like a year, for all the problems I was having with Steam. I have yet to go back and try again since I have upgraded router firmware, installed MDK 10, WineX 3.3.2. It should be interesting to see what happens this time :tux: :mdk: :sun:

Edited by Relic2K