Suse Linux 9.1

Well, I was able to get suse 9.0 a month before it released to the world, it wouldn't have shocked me if he did get it.

I just wanted to know were and if i could get it. :D

• 5 weeks later...

yep, the 9.1 LiveCD went online on the FTP mirrors on 4/28 -- quite some time after the earlier references to it on this thread.

interestingly, although i've had no problems with 9.0, i've had some serious problems with the 9.1 LiveCD. i'm getting SCSI init errors, memory errors, and kernel panics when trying to boot the 9.1 Live CD on a system that runs fine under 9.0 and with the 9.0 LiveCD.

has anyone heard about issues with the 9.1 Live CD?

• 1 month later...

Revisiting the Suse 9.1 LiveEval CD:

I've been running Suse 9.0 on a couple of workstations without any problems. These were network installs from the FTP site, which I mirrored on my LAN. These systems also ran just fine using the Suse 9.0 LiveEval CD.

Interestingly, I tried running the initial release of the Suse 9.1 Live Eval CD on both of those PCs without success. On each system, I ended up having system lockups during boot. Some other members here ran into the same problem.

So as I thought I'd try the network install of 9.1 by mirroring the FTP site on my LAN. As I was looking over the FTP mirror I found a new release of the Suse 9.1 Live Eval CD (version 01) which is dated 5/5/04. I tried the new LiveEval CD, thinking that the bootup problems had been fixed... Unfortunately, the new 9.1 LiveEval CD has the same problems that the first one did. :wall:

So I was just wondering if anyone else who has run into problems with the 9.1 LiveEval CD has tried the net installation yet, and if so, if they've run into any problems.

TIA

bob