mandrake 10 and Mplayer

grendal

I have tried to adjust my settings and if I want full screen, in Mplayer, its a kind of Black in white playback. I can get a very nice color playback, but it its a small area, and going full screen doesn't changethe size. Has anyone else had this problem? This is the first time I have had any problems with Mplayer.

This can be done on the command line (e.g. mplayer -vo help for more details on available video drivers), or in any mplayer config file (say, ~/.mplayer/config or /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf). I was suggesting this because one of my friends had by default vo=fb in his config file and had your symptoms concerning full screen not working.

Anyway, it's good to know where to change these options; mplayer has litterally hundreds of options, which can be really usefull, say, for watching DVDs... e.g.

mplayer dvd:// -chapter 6-10 -ao alsa9 -channels 6

plays chapters 6 to 10 of your DVD using full 5.1 surround sound.

neutro reminded me of something else I had done. I changed that too, but I did it in the preferences ( right click on player) ... under the video tab.

Prior to installing the video drivers, I was unable to choose the xv driver listed, it would not let me till I had a working nVidia installation.

All I did was install the new drivers and it worked. But I figured more knowledge is always helpful. Eventually I'll play around with the settings more, but atleast now I can watch movies in full color B) and it looks good. But tweaking can be fun :D