Major Software

Guest LinuxExplorer

[arusabal@localhost ~]$ history | awk '

> { freq[$2]++ } 

> END { for ( command in freq )  print command, "-", freq[command], "times"}

> ' | sort -k3nr

...Have I not mentioned recently how much aru rocks? I dont just mean rock.. I mean <beavis&butthead:unison>ROCKS. he ROCKS!!

mutt for email, though I've been to lazy to set it up after my recent install. Been in gui email clients for a week and it's really getting on my nerves.

Endeavour2 for a File Manager (gtk)

Krusader for a File Manager (qt-kde) I like krusader for a number of reasons, not the least of which is because it has a horizontal section at the bottom of the window that is a xterm of your choice, and cd ect...as you go through the filesys. Really cool!

Opera!!! Opera!!! Opera!!!

and yes...aru ROCKS!!!!!!!

It's easy to think you have installed all of the packages during the install, but have ended up leaving many out. One of the best things to do is to head over to plf.zarb.org, and run urpmi.setup. Then browse through the things you have added, and install as hard disk space / bandwidth allows ;-)

Andrew

head over to plf.zarb.org, and run urpmi.setup. Then browse through the things you have added,

Sorry. Here it is more specifically:

Go to the Penguin Liberation Front (that's plf.zarb.org). They have packages that can't be in the normal mandrake distro due to legal reasons. On their faq page, the have a link to urpmi.setup. It's a program that makes it really easy to add remote FTP access to some rpm sites. You can add the contrib packages there, for example. All you have to do once you have added the sources is load up rpmdrake. In there, sort by source repository. Then, it's easy to browse each source, complete with package info! Check off a package, and it will be downloaded and installed.

Hope this clears things up.

Andrew