CheapBytes has all 4 CD's

VeeDubb

First of all, if you don't know about cheapbytes, go to http://www.cheapbytes.com and enter the store. You can buy just about any distro you could download for free, and it only cost a few dolars. The also sell full retail versions of many distros.

You can right now, order mandrake 10.0 CE with ALL 4 DISKS for $8.99 plus a couple bucks for shipping. I have personaly ordered 2 sets of CD's with no problems from them and I know they include the fourth CD because a friend of mine just ordered the set and it arrived yesterday.

Of course, I haven't actualy seen them yet, but he tells me it included all four, so it must.

I know you cable modem guys think this is stupid, but for us dial-up folks, this is a great deal.

It's not hard for one to make the 4th CD that's included in the Mandrake Club download, 'tis nothing more than the contribs on the mirrors :) I was going to do it myself, but guess i'll let cheapbytes take care of it :)

instead...i'm going to get my updates CD going again...i think

Why doesn't the board create update disc(s) and sell them as another way to raise money? If others can sell them, ala cheapbytes, why can't we? Perhaps include Video( ati nvidia) drivers as well (if legal to do so). I think those without a dsl connection would be very grateful.

Anyways, it's just a thought.

Why doesn't the board create update disc(s) and sell them as another way to raise money? If others can sell them, ala cheapbytes, why  can't we? Perhaps include Video( ati  nvidia) drivers as well (if legal to do so). I think those without a dsl connection would be very grateful.

Anyways, it's just a thought.

I agree. I would gladly buy them, and I'm sure other would.

It would be totaly legal, provided it only includes GPL software and you charge for the CD's, not the contents.

I also used cheap bytes, and can say that they are a good business and will positively respond to customer complaints. If I did not have dsl and a burner, I would still be buying from them.

I think the download issue is still there, in that anon could run out of allowable through-put with too many of them. If someone else could host the updates, that might work. But bear in mind that the updayes have changed every day this week. I have already downloaded around 500mb of updates.

NO, I think the point is not hosting the updates, or even an ISO of updates. I mean selling CD's through the mail that allready have the updates on them. That would be great. Of course hosting ISO's would kill the site.