Apps to replace DWMX04 and Photoshop

mikejr

It looks like the switch just might take :)

I have a work around for all of my other windows based apps except these. I understand that Gimp is a decent replacement for PS? Fron what I've seen the learning curve is a bit steep and I don't seem to have the agility I have in PS. Is there anything better?

As for DWMX, I have installed Crossover, but I can't seem to find a place to download Dreamweaver MX... I have a few older discs with trial versions on them I think, but the file structure is unusable so I'm told. Are there any native linux programs that even come close to DW?

For Photoshop, there is The Gimp. Although, as you say, the learning curve is steep.

As for Dreamweaver MX 2004 - No, you will never find anything on LInux that comes close to matching it. There are a few text based editors that are nice - Quanta, bluefish - but they lack any form of wysiwyg layout ability or any form of project management.

Out of interest, how can you be looking to replace Dreamweaver on your computer if you are looking for a place to download it from?

Out of interest, how can you be looking to replace Dreamweaver on your computer if you are looking for a place to download it from?

Crossover does not support DWMX04. I upgraded from Ultra Dev to 04 - skipping regular old MX...

Crossover supports MX.

I can still boot up XPprof and use DW04 - looks like I'll need to.

Guest pipplo

IT's pretty simple...

download this

http://cvs.nvu.com/download/nvu-0.17.tar.gz

extract it and run nvu within there. I needed to install this rpm to get the libstdc++-libc6 file that it asked for

http://rpmfind.rediris.es/rpm2html/mandrak...83mdk.i586.html

After that it worked fine. Now i just have to decide where to keep it on the disk other than my home dir

Edit:

In review it's ok, but it is NOWHERE near as powerful as dreamweaver MX. The project management is just not there....

Edited by pipplo